April 11, 2012

Edit Me 2012 - Week 15

This week we have a special treat for you! Not only has our guest judge given us a great photo, she is also provided a prize for our winner! So, let's get to it! Meet Kristy from Life-n-Reflection:

If I had to label myself , I'd likely have the term Artistic Entrepreneur stamped to my head. I come from family sporting either the same or similar stamps. I don't know if the word ambitious even beginnings to touch the way I like to steer the wheel. I was received my first published artwork in a coffee table book at the age of 18. Signed up with agency and moved across the country a year later. It was one of the best experiences I ever had. I later became a public relations director and along the way a graphic designer. My passion for photography has never changed. I currently design templates, textures, and branding materials for photographers in my home office. I am filled with gratitude each and every day. It's not a secret, "Dreams Do Come True"!

Be sure to visit Kristy on Twitter or Facebook, and thank her for judging! Here is the photo we are challenging you to create your own work of art with this week:  

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD LARGE VERSION FOR EDITING


And a little bit about her shop and the prize she is offering our winner:


I am often asked, "What do you design"? In three words I design Presentations to Inspire. For any portrait photographer presentation is the key to product sales! I design products to fill your website and studio.
Presenting your clients before and after portrait sessions with personalized announcements, invitations, mini books, collages, rep cards, albums, and mini canvases will inspire them to fill their home and heart with just about everything you have to offer!
If you follow Kristy's blog, you already know that she is a master of using textures! This week she will be giving our winner their choice of texture packs from her shop. To qualify for this prize, you must leave a comment on this week's post, letting us know which texture pack you would like to win!!


And last, but not least, a review of our guidelines: 


This challenge is all about taking a photo and making it your own with the editing program of your choice! It is also about learning a little bit from each other, and exploring new styles! There are no restrictions (unless specifically stated within the post for the week), but we do ask that you share a little bit about how you arrived at your finished product.


Here are the details:
  1. When you link up, please use your edited photo as the thumbnail!
  2. If you use the mouseover code or right-click protect your images, you need to either add a copy to the flickr pool (preferred) or it will be assumed that you agree to allow us to use a screenshot of your entry if you are a winner!
  3. The judge for the week will choose the top 3 edits from the entries, and the overall winner of the 3 
  4. If you would like to post multiple edits, specify which one is your choice for judging. Only one photo is eligible for judging, and it must be clear which one you are entering.
  5. Don't forget so share your editing steps, or some tips and tricks so we can learn from each other!
  6. Don't forget to use the #editmechallenge tag when you share your posts on Twitter. 
  7. The linky will open at the time of the post on Wednesday, and close the following Saturday at 11:59 PM (central time).
  8. Winners will be announced the following Tuesday.
  9. Don't forget to visit the other participants, and leave some comment love! As usual, the more you participate the more feedback you will get!

So, there you have it! Have fun, and can't wait to see what you come up with!



Edit Me


21 comments:

  1. This will be an interesting challenge. I visited Kritsty's shop and love the Artist Texture Collection: Vol 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this challenge because i love textures.
    shes got some awesome packs I think i'd pick
    Heirloom Texture Collection Vol 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge.. LOVE the photo! I love the enchanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd pick Texture Masters Collection Volume 2 but it's really a hard choice! There are so many beautiful textures to choose from! I'm a texture junkie so I love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I can't comment in Flickr, but I wanted to tell You that Your edit is so beautiful! The textures you Used are just lovely!

      Delete
  5. This edit was so fun, as me too have fallen in love with textures!
    Thank You Kristy for the lovely shot to have fun with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my choice would be Ephemera Texture Collection: Birdsong :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to be the Gust Judge this week!! I'm off to blog hop and enjoy all your amazing edits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved to edit this image and I love all the texture but pick Texture Masters Collection Vol 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Kristy! I wouldn't dare try to improve on this image, as it is perfect as is (i.e. -- I didn't have time to do a proper edit!) Loving everyone's editing skills this week. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, what a gorgeous photo! Thanks, Kristy!! My texture pack choice would be Ephemera Texture Collection: Birdsong. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Texture Masters Collection Vol.2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Kristy to be the judge in this one.. I could never decide on a favorite! I think I find a favorite and when I check again and there are more lovely edits to choose from.
    Good work ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how does one pick a favorite out of those textures...they all are stunning! I suppose if I had to pick, I would choose the Farmhouse Paper Pack....so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow beautiful textures!! I'm torn between Texture Masters Collection Vol 2, Artist Texture Collection: Vol 8, and Driftwood Set of Overlay Textures. If we had a choice of ANY set, though, I'd probably go with Texture Masters Collection Vol 2 since there is such great variety in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the choices are so cool. I guess I would have to say that Ephemera Texture Collection: Set sail series struck me the most

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristy - all of your textures are amazing. Such a tough decision. My favorite though is the Texture Masters Collection Vol 2. The newborn you advertise with this collection swayed me. I have my first newborn session coming up and this collection would be a perfect addition to the portraits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane,
      That texture set would be perfect for you newborn session!

      Delete
  16. love them all!! but if i had to choose just one i think it would be the wanderlust texture collection vol 1

    Natasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes all the textures look wonderful to work with, American Beauty Vol 10 is a favourite. Thank you for for a different challenge it was fun to play. Cheers

    ReplyDelete