November 22, 2011

Winners and an Announcement!

Hello there, friends! So, after much deliberation, we have decided that the Edit Me Challenge will be taking a little break for the holidays! We will be back in 2012, and look forward to reconnecting with all of you at that time! Feel free to continue to submit Guest Judge and Sponsor requests until that point, but we won't have any challenges for the next several weeks. Thank you to everyone who has continued to make this challenge so much fun, and we wish you joy and wonderful memories this holiday season!

Now... on to the fun stuff! It is time to hear Alita's winners!!

Just to refresh you memory, here is a little bit about our judge for the week, the lovely Alita of Alita Jewel's Treasures:
Hi my name is Alita! I have an infinite desire to always create. I create words, memories, moments of time captured through my lens, art, poetry, and thoughts. I love all of these creations and they overwhelm me sometimes. However it is an honor to be able to share these visions, novelties, and ambitions with others. Grab a cup of coffee, and let's chat. I love to meet new people and converse with cherished friends.

Alita also writes for Bigger Picture Blogs, which nourishes creativity through intentional living . You can join every Thursday in sharing the harvest of intentional living by capturing a glimpse of the Bigger Picture through a Simple Moment. you can check it out here. Be sure to visit Alita on twitterfacebook , or Pinterest and thank her for being our judge!

And here is what she had to say about her winners:

Thank you for the opportunity to not only view fresh and new editing styles, but to connect with other photographers who love photography. I enjoyed viewing every single photo in the competition and it was hard to decide which pictures moved me the most, but the top three edits were spectacular and I can't wait to share them with you.

I chose the following:

Robin from Diet Coke on the Rocks - Delightful in every single way. I love the warmth and the soft blue of the sky is a perfect contrast the the honeyed browns. I adore this edit!


Kimberly from A Fresh Perspective - The tones in this edit make the picture ethereal and magical in a way. So lovely!

Week-26-edit

Amy from Flickr - I'm a complete sucker for bokeh and the sharp highlighting of the ice and the sky make me want to drool. This is my overall favorite! I loved it and kept going back to it. Well done!


Congratulations to our Winners! Be sure to grab your winner buttons, and we will see you back here in 2012!

If you would like an email reminder when the challenge starts up again,
please shoot us an email at editmechallenge(at)gmail(dot)com!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much for choosing my photo in your top 3! All the edits are beautiful! And I agree about the winner! Spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sparkling bokeh! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for picking me as first place Alita! I was soooo excited when I saw this!!!

    I'll miss this challenge, but it'll be very exciting when 2012 rolls around and we start back up again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for picking my photo...I had so much fun with this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here :) I look forward to following along after the holidays. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete